thefrozensea

The Frozen Sea

Books to the ceiling, books to the sky, my pile of books is a mile high. How I love them! How I need them! I'll have a long beard by the time I read them!

The Red Queen (The Obernewtyn Chronicles 7) by Isobelle Carmody

I have waited 16 years for the conclusion to this amazing story, and it did not disappoint. This is the series that got me on to epic fantasy - without Obernewtyn, I'd probably be a very different reader today. I have loved Elspeth, Rushton, Dameon and Matthew particularly since that first book when I was 14, and to finally come to the end of all of their stories is both heartbreaking and .. well, actually, just heartbreaking really. I haven't cried so much while reading a book in years.

I'm not even sure if you could call it a happy ending. All of the plot threads that Isobelle had been weaving for decades came to neat ends, but there is still so much that she could have explained. There's so much left up to our imaginations. And there's a huge message throughout the entire saga that people should definitely heed. If you've been put off by the years of silence from the author, don't be. It's finally finished. Start at the beginning, you won't regret it